Raw organic cacao contains 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries, is the highest plant-based source of iron, is full of magnesium for your heart and brain, has more calcium than cow's milk, and is a natural mood elevator. A superfood on its own, raw cacao becomes a true powerhouse with added chaga mushroom hand-harvested in upper Michigan, organic maca root from Peru, and organic cardamom from India.
Add a teaspoon of Cacao Powerhouse to your smoothie, stir it into your coffee, or make yourself a grownup cup of hot chocolate.
Cacao Bliss in a Cup
1-1/2 cups milk of choice
1-2 tablespoons (or more) Cacao Powerhouse Powder
Maple syrup or other sweetener to taste
Heat the milk in a pan on the stove. When simmering, remove from heat. Add Cacao Powerhouse Powder and sweetener. Whisk until frothy.
The first time we made this here at Cindi's, we used coconut milk from a can and about 2 tablespoons of the powder per serving. It was like rich chocolate torte in a cup!
8 reasons to add raw cacao to your diet today:
1. Cacao contains the “Bliss Molecule” anandamide which promotes a feeling of happiness and boosts your energy levels.
2. Cacao offers theobromine which has the same components as caffeine. It boosts your energy and makes you feel more awake.
3. Your body turns the phenethylamine in cacao into the good mood hormone known as serotonin.
4. Cacao’s flavonoids help support a healthy heart by combatting free radicals.
5. The flavonoids found in cacao help maintain blood pressure levels already in healthy, normal range.
6. Studies have shown that cacao can support a boost in insulin sensitivity.
7. One of the world’s top sources of antioxidants, cacao helps the body get rid of free radicals.
8. Cacao has been shown to help boost blood flow to the brain.
Chaga Mushroom Hand-Harvested from Upper Michigan
Chaga mushroom is known as one of the most powerful antioxidants on the planet. Chaga's abundance of beta glucans support the immune system, boosting it when needed or slowing it down if too much activity is taking place.
Maca Root Powder from Puru
Maca root is an energizing superfood and a great way to amp up your nutrient intake! Also known as Peruvian ginseng, maca root is prized for its ability to increase energy and stamina, relieve stress, and boost your mood. It grows underground, looks similar to a turnip or parsnip, and is a good source of B-complex vitamins and minerals like calcium, zinc and iron.
Cardamom Powder from India
Cardamom has abundant health and medicinal benefits. It fights infections and is packed with vitamins and minerals. Cardamom contains more manganese than any other spice in the world - which is important because manganese regulates blood sugar, works as a strong antioxidant, and reduces inflammation. Cardamom's antioxidant properties have been shown to regulate blood pressure, protect against cell damage and stop inflammation, which can be helpful for fighting chronic diseases. Also recognized as a powerful mood enhancer, cardamom is commonly used in aromatherapy for its anti-depressant properties.